We have developed Deerwood Academy’s voluntary pre-kindergarten (VPK) program to help your child thrive. Our convenient St. Johns and Town Center campuses feature VPK programs with small class sizes, flexible schedules, and the accredited ABeka curriculum – all in a learning environment honored by the National Accreditation Commission (NAC) and Florida’s Goal Seal Quality Care Program. Discover the Deerwood difference for yourself!
Register Now for Our Free VPK Program
Registration is now open for our exceptional VPK program! The program is free for Florida children born on or before September 1 of each program year.
Parents must register online with the State of Florida to enroll in our free VPK program. To do this, please follow these steps:
- CLICK HERE to visit the Florida’s Early Learning Portal.
- You will need to register for a Family Portal account. (This requires an email address.)
- After your account is created, complete the online application. You will be required to upload proof of your child’s age (such as an official, state-issued birth certificate), as well as proof of your current Florida residency (such as a driver’s license or utility bill). More information about accepted documents is available at the links below.
- Once your application is complete and approved, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility.
- Please bring your Certificate of Eligibility to Deerwood Academy to complete the enrollment process.
Parents wishing to learn more about Florida’s free VPK program can take advantage of the following resources:
More About Deerwood Academy VPK
Deerwood Academy’s accredited VPK program exceeds the standards set by the State of Florida, and our graduates have a 100% readiness rate for kindergarten and beyond. Our VPK program is designed to help children to develop the skills they need to become good readers and successful students. It includes high literacy standards, strict accountability, substantial instruction periods, and qualified teachers.
In addition to teaching the child valuable academic skills, VPK helps children become familiar with the classroom setting. They learn how to sit and listen quietly at the appropriate time, how to raise their hands and wait their turn before talking, and how to follow the teacher’s directions. Learning these skills in VPK helps them be better prepared for kindergarten. While the main focus of our pre-kindergarten program is learning and school readiness, there is also plenty of time for fun!
You can also extend your child’s learning and fun with our “VPK Wrap” program. This program is ideal for busy parents and features additional activities, play time, and education.
For more information about our Pre-Kindergarten program, please contact us today!